We are industry experts in allergens, and provide a comprehensive range of testing, training and food allergen consultancy services to help you control and manage allergens within manufacturing and retailing.
Effective allergen management is extremely important for food industry businesses, and only becoming more so with the implementation of the new EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation (FIC) from 2014. Whether you require routine screening, allergen management process advice, food cleaning validation, or technical assistance in an emergency situation, our comprehensive allergens service will support you.
We test for the 14 allergens subject to mandatory labelling under EU legislation, and others besides, using a range of techniques. All testing methods used are fully validated for a wide range of sample matrices, including cooked and raw food products, ingredients and environmental swabs for process monitoring. As new commercial assays become available, they are validated and added to our UKAS Schedule of Accreditation. We have UKAS Flexible Scope of Accreditation for ELISA which was awarded in 2006, and for PCR, awarded in 2012.
Due to extensive in-house expertise on allergen management, including legislative requirements, we are able to provide much more than just allergen testing. Along with our food allergen consultants, we offer food allergen Consultancy and Training covering areas such as food allergen risk assessment, labelling, food cleaning validation, process troubleshooting, and more.
We support you with:-
- Routine due diligence screening
- Food allergen cleaning validation
- Validation of rapid test kits
- Customer complaint and emergency situations
- Batch release of free-from products
- Commercially available Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- In-house developed DNA methods based on Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Gas Chromatography (GC) - for lactose testing
- Distillation - for sulphites