We specialise in resolving chemical contaminant issues, using a range of chemical analysis and technical expertise to identify both the contaminant and its root cause.
Our expertise in contaminant analysis and identification in foods and beverages is well known, and we have found the source of a contaminant in food on many occasions for clients. Our team's expert understanding of the variety of sampling, extraction and analytical methods available enables us to take the best sample possible, whatever the analyte, to provide you with a thorough and effective contaminant analysis. We undertake analytical services including chemical analysis as well as spectroscopy analysis (including FTIR spectroscopy analysis and LC-MS).
We understand the business impact of chemical contamination in food and beverages, and the importance of a rapid response. You need to reassure the consumer, understand the safety and quality implications of an incident, and avoid damage to your brand – all as soon as possible. Work with us for chemical analysis, contaminant analysis and investigative consultancy and you gain an expert partner in resolving contamination issues, from initial identification of the contaminants in food, to recognising its root cause (whether accidental or malicious), and taking appropriate corrective action.
Chemical Contamination - Video
Watch the video below to find out how we can support with food chemical contamination
Contaminant in food is often an emergency situation, where speed in resolution could be imperative. You may wish to consider membership of our 24/7 Emergency Response Service (ERS) for guaranteed technical support whenever you need it.
Contaminant analysis undertaken include:-
- Cleaning agents including bleach and detergents
- Drugs of abuse
- Hydrocarbons, including oils, petrol and diesel
- Substitution and adulteration of products such as alcohols and oils
- Preservatives and colours
- Cross contamination from packaging, production or storage
- FTIR (Fourier Transform InfraRed) Spectroscopy analysis
- GC-MS (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry)
- LC-MS (Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry)
- NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) Spectroscopy analysis
- UV-Visible Spectroscopy analysis
- Classical Wet Chemical Methods
- ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Mass Spectrometry)