GMO Testing of Food
If you’re looking for experts in Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) testing, you’ve found them. With a long-established reputation in the field, we’re one of the top UK food testing laboratory offering this service.
There are many reasons why you might need a GMO testing service. Whether you need to ensure compliance with labelling regulations, supplier audits or claims substantiation, our high-quality GMO testing will provide the information you require.
GMO content in food is highly regulated with strict labelling rules. We are both highly proficient in GMO testing and very familiar with the various standards that you are required to meet. With over 15 years’ testing experience, deep knowledge of the industry and extensive expertise in raw material supply chain assessment, we are ideally placed to partner with and advise you on the best approach for your business and food analysis.
Using DNA-based methodology, we perform both qualitative and quantitative testing. Qualitative GMO detection screens raw materials and complex finished products for the presence or absence of GM soya and maize. Our quantitative GMO testing, meanwhile, determines the proportion of the soya or maize DNA in a product or ingredient that is GM.
We regularly participate in proficiency testing schemes so you can always be confident in the quality of our analysis.
About our GMO testing and analysis:-
- Qualitative with a detection limit of 0.1%
- UKAS (ISO/IEC 17025) accredited for qualitative testing
- Accreditation of quantitative testing of four GM varieties: Roundup Ready Soya, Maize Bt176, Maize Bt11 and Maize Mon810
- Quantitative GMO testing can determine the GM content of each individual ingredient
- Supporting and ensuring compliance with regulations 1829/2003/EC and 1830/2003/EC
- Helping you to meet retailer requirements
- Supplier audits