Our fragrance profiling capabilities enable us to support you in product development and optimisation, as well as troubleshooting specific issues.
Thorough understanding of the components affecting your product’s fragrance is key to optimising your ingredients and processes, and to resolving any issues with fragrance. Our fragrance team can profile the volatile components of your product and identify and quantify the small proportion of these that are key aroma compounds. We can then assist you in selecting and modifying both ingredients and production processes so as to achieve the desired fragrance efficiently and cost-effectively.
Our technical capabilities and experienced in-house specialists mean we can correlate analytical and sensory data to present you with valuable insight into how your product’s sensory qualities are achieved. Whether you want to optimise ingredients or processing conditions, or source alternative ingredients with similar effects, our expertise in analysis and interpretation of results provides an evidence-based foundation for your decisions. We can also compare the fragrance profiles of different samples, identifying the features which cause differences in fragrance – the perfect support if something has gone wrong in a product batch.
By providing you with a detailed understanding of fragrance, we help you to make a better product.
Techniques we use:-
- Gas Chromatography/Olfactometry (GC/O)
- Gas Chromatography-Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (GC-TOFMS)
- Solvent Assisted Flavour Evaporation (SAFE)
- Stir Bar Sorptive Extraction (SBSE)
- Membrane Assisted Solvent Extraction (MASE)
- Proton Transfer Reaction-Mass Spectrometry (PTR-MS)
Benefits of profiling:-
- Correlation of analytical results with sensory analysis helps you understand how your product’s fragrance comes about
- Make better, more effective decisions about ingredients and processing
- More efficient product development
- Linking analysis to sensory qualities helps you develop quality specifications for your product